I can't login...can I still use this service?
- Only employees of NC State University can login and create links
- Guests can visit links, but cannot create or manage links
I'm unsure if I'm allowed to make a certain link.
- If you are unsure if you should use a certain word or phrase as your Go Link, then please check with the Go Links administrators before creating or publicizing that link, by sending an email to email@example.com.
- If you create a link that violates a policy, or should officially point to another target, then you will be required to change or remove the link.
- It is not an excuse if you've already printed the link in a publication or in a mass email message.
- Please note that only faculty and staff can create customized Go Links. All other NC State-affiliated users can create randomized Go Links, but cannot create Go Links with custom text.
I'm expecting a lot of hits, is Go Links right for me?
Short Answer: Go Links can handle hundreds of thousands of hits for your links over a period of time, but cannot handle thousands of hits all at once.
Go Link Modifiers
Google and Bit.ly have QR Codes...does Go Links?
Yes...Go Links has QR Codes built directly into the interface for owners, and for visitors.
Owners can read the information on their link details screen about QR Codes.
Visitors can grab the QR Code by simply appending ".qr" on the end of any Go Link.
For example, visit these two links and pay attention to the URL for both:
Can my colleagues help me manage the links I create?
- Use the tagging feature.
- Create a tag, add links to that tag, share that tag with your colleagues
- They will be able to see the hit count, edit the target of your link, or disable the link all together
- So...be careful who you share your tags (and links) with!
Someone else created a link that uses a word or terminology that has nothing to do with the target of the link. Help!
- For example, if someone creates a link named "Biology" but it points to the "College of Management" home page
- In this case, you should use the "Contacta Link Owner" button on the menu above.
- Maybe they'll agree to transfer ownership of the link to you for proper use.
- If not, then please use the "Report Abuse" button on the menu.
How do I transfer ownership of a link without losing all the stats?
- Go to the details of your link, and click on the menu option for "Change Link Owner"
- This will remove the link from your tags, and give the other user complete ownership
- Any statistics recorded for your link will be maintained, and available for the new owner to view.
What statistics / charts are available for Go Links?
- A basic hit count is recorded for each link, which means non-unique visits.
- Charts are available in 3 views: Year, Month and Day
- Also, referring URL and user agent (browser) is recorded.
- Statistics are available from the link information page
Is Go Links anonymous?
No. Go Links collects the IP address of those who use your link. We don't use that information for anything other than our statistics, but if you want a truly anonymous experience you may want to consider another tool.
What kind of APIs are available? Can I create links programmatically via a script in my own application?
- You sure can!
- APIs are available to create randomized links as well as specified links
- After logging in, click on your username at at top of this page, then click on "API Access."
- Contact the application administrator if you need help setting up your application to use the API Endpoints.